I've found the last few posts here have been grumpy posts & I need to spend more time with good stuff & stop griping all the time. So here is a small list of things I'm grateful for post:
1. I had my house painted & siding & sofit & fascia boards fixed & it looks soooooo good. My door had been a mint green & now it's dark orange. I'm getting new windows on February 6. I'm going to have a brand new house, practically.
2. Speaking of my house, I am so blessed to have it. It's not a fancy house but it sure suits me. It's big enough, it's warm, it's affordable. I'm in a neighborhood full of rent houses but the house next door is for sale & I'd love it if someone would buy it to live in, maintain & love. It has renters in it now. I don't know if they go or stay with the sale. They are nice enough people but everyone here pretty stays to themselves. I'd hate to have to move at Christmas.
3. I love my little job. 15 hours a week & my boss & I laugh all day. We're getting busier which makes the day fo faster & Kaye is making more money & I love it!! She deserves it.
4. It's silly but last month, Elon Musk a strange little billionaire, bought Twitter & there are rumors everywhere that it'll crash & I'm grateful it hasn't. I watch videos on Facebook but don't participate in anything else. I signed up for a new sodial media thing whose name I cannot even remember but if Twitter dies I won't even go over there. It's not that important. I like the "friends" I've met on Twitter & will miss them but if it goes, I go. I try to not discuss politics on Twitter (but sometimes things sneak through) but I'd miss my Texas Tech friends, my old movie people & just some nice people I've met along the way.
5. I'm grateful that gas prices have gone down & the stock market has gone back up a little. Earlier this year I just figured I'd have to live a couple of years left but with the upturn in the market I might be able to add a few months back.
6. I'm sleeping better. I halved my Melatonin dosage & it has help considerably. My body is weird!
7. It's Texas Tech Basketball season. It feeds my soul.
8. While I'm surrounded by renters, across the street I have Leslie & her sister Natalie who own the house & they have an about to be adopted little angel named Armani. We've become friends & they are sweet. I'm happy I have them!
9. I'm grateful I'm off tomorrow & I don't have to set an alarm. Woohoo!!