- Mix together dry ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon more
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a separate bowl, beat together:
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup salted butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peach juice from the can of peaches
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Then add:
- 1 cup peaches in juice, chopped or semi pureed
Fill normal size Pam-ed muffin tins or papers til about 3/4 full.
Bake 425 degrees for 6 minutes. Then, lower temperature to 350 degrees & bake for 15-18 minutes more. Let set in pay for 5 minutes & then remove to baking wire sheet to cool.
The recipe from Pinterest calls for struesel to be added right before baking. I'm including it even though I didn't do it. I just added a peach slice on top of the dough. I think it adds unnecessary sweetness & these are muffins, not cupcakes. I like the subtle sweetness. But lots of
- ¼ cup salted butter cold and cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
Mix all together & crumble on top of muffins before baking.
Don't overmix...it makes them a little dense. I used a whilsk & it took longer to mix. Next time, spoon or spatula.
They should last 2-3 days on cabinet, but will freeze for a month or so. This was my first time making...will definitely do again.
The original recipe was on Pinterest on a site called spacesandlaserbeams.com. I obviously did a couple of changes.
Post a Comment